Are you an analytical and research-oriented individual with a background in environmental policy??Consider this rewarding opportunity with the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change to join our team of professionals dedicated to address critical air issues.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Project Manager, you will:?
- manage the development and evaluation of policies, legislation, and program frameworks ?
- lead project teams of internal and external stakeholders ?
- provide strategic policy and program expertise to senior management and minister officials?
- establish effective partnerships with other governments and jurisdictions?
- represent the ministry on special projects and committees
How do I qualify?
Environmental and Legislative Knowledge:
- you can interpret and accurately apply environmental legislation, such as the Environmental Protection Act, Environmental Bill of Rights?
- you know the theories and practices of environmental management ?
- you are aware of current environmental trends in the academic and scientific communities
Policy and Program Development Knowledge:
- you have experience applying policy and program development techniques
- you know government decision making processes?
- you know policy and program planning, analysis, and evaluation techniques
Analytical, Research and Project Management Skills:
- you can analyze and conceptualize complex information?•
- you can resolve problems to achieve a positive outcome?
- you know research methodologies and techniques to identify environmental initiatives and trends?
- you have project management and leadership experience managing multiple, concurrent projects
Communication and Computer Skills:
- you have excellent presentation, persuasion and facilitation skills to provide technical information in a way that is easy to understand?
- you can draft reports and other materials in a clear and concise manner?•
- you have proven consultation, negotiation, mediation, and consensus-building skills?
- you know how to use computer software, such as MS Office?
- you can manage deadlines and competing priorities successfully
Salary Range: $73,769 - $107,220 per year
- Additional information:
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 77 Wellesley Street, West, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, January 24, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 102640 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.