McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. seeks a Senior Water Resources Engineer to join our busy team in Surrey, BC.
Typical projects within the scope of this position would include Watershed Planning and Integrated Stormwater Management Planning studies, Stormwater Infrastructure Designs, Floodplain Analysis & Management, Mine Water Management and River and Bridge Hydraulics.
· Education and background in water resource and hydrotechnical engineering, with minimum 15 years’ progressive experience
· Extensive experience in watershed and drainage studies, drainage infrastructure design and construction, and understanding of stormwater guidelines, policies, and bylaws
· Extensive technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations. Knowledge of standard computer modelling software packages such as PC/XP-SWMM, OTT/SWMM-HYMO, QUALHYMO, MOUSE, HEC-1/2/RAS, Mike-11, and/or similar software. Experience in developing other calculation algorithms such as water balance models and climate change analysis
· Knowledge in other areas such as fluvial geomorphology, sediment transport, hydrogeology, hydro-electric development, water supply and distribution, wastewater collection systems, etc.
· Familiarity with environmental permitting processes and procedures
· Registration (in good standing) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in British Columbia, or eligibility for registration
· Demonstrated strong oral and written English language communications skills
· Demonstrated project and team management skills with a high degree of leadership capability
· Demonstrated skills in preparing written proposals, reports and public presentations
· Strong interpersonal skills
Benefits of working for McElhanney
· Locally based office with strong community ties and very positive working environment
· We are 100% employee-owned, and this position would be eligible for shareholding
· Full benefits package, competitive salary, annual bonus eligibility and the potential to become an owner of the company
· An assortment of company-sponsored professional development activities