HomeSite MapSite SearchDisclaimerFree NewsletterBienvenue
Canadian Environmental Regulation & Compliance News
Click Here to visit our Environmental Marketplace
NewsMarketplaceEnviro TopicsIndustry InfoLegislationSolution BoardWaste ExchangeEnviro LinksEvents CalendarTraining CalendarEnviro Jobs
Solution Board
About The Solution Board Rules of Conduct Disclaimer

  The Solution Board »      Search Forum 

Due to unfortunate internet spam, previous posts on this bulletin board can be viewed however the posting function has been temporarily removed.

Posted by: Brent Cunningham on 3/3/02 Title: lab requirements
Postnum: 51 EntryID:513
I am looking for guidelines for protection systems for a small office lab. Will be doing bench tests with drilling muds. We will be testing some oily cuttings also. I am trying to find guidelines for fume hoods. emergency showers, fire cabinets etc.. Does anyone know where to look for these?

Thank You


Posted by: Emile Forest on 3/12/02 Title: Re: lab requirements
Postnum: 51 EntryID:518
Information can be found as follow:

Fume Hoods,Emergency Showers, etc... - These can be found under the National Building Code of Canada and in conjunction with the National Fire Protection Association & National Fire Code of Canada and also under the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. As for Fire Cabinets, I presume here you are talking about storage cabinets, then it can also be found under the Accident Prevention Manual for Industrial Operations Engineering and Technology.

Hope this helps. Have a good day!

Posted by: Jim Robinson on 4/11/02 Title: Re: lab requirements
Postnum: 51 EntryID:532
As far as the fume hood is concerned this requires a certificate of approval in Ontario you may want to investiagte other provinicial jursidications if you are not in Otario though.

HomeAbout UsAdvertisingContact UsPrivacy PolicyDisclaimerEdit ProfileLink to Us
All content Copyright© 2021 CanadianEnvironmental.Com™ All Rights Reserved®